heat pump heating

We do have a one zone Heat pump in a split level house. Would it be possible to install two thermostat, one upstair and one downstair, so the system would start when anyone of the thermostats reach the starting temperature. If this is not possible, how about if we placed the thermostat downstairs so it would keep downstairs comfortably warm. The problem is that with the thermostat upstairs, that down stairs becomes cool and has to wait for the themostat upstairs to kick in. Any suggestions would be appreciated it.
thanks

Zoned system having two stats might do it....suggest block off any upstairs returns if /when there isnt also a simultanious call for upstairs heat.
Also would probly need to install a barometric bypass damper someplace in the main supply duct.

You can relocate the thermostat. I would suggest something close to the main stairway between the levels. Maybe even part way up the stairs. There is also the possibility of adding zoning but that would be considerably more expensive. If you do it yourself turn off all the power to the inside and outside units and pay close attention to where the wires are hooked up before you begin.

snipped-for-privacy@nl.rogers.com wrote:

The use of two THs would require that they be wired in parallel so that when either stat is calling for heat the unit will run until both are satisfied. As James suggests, moving the single TH at the proper level 'might' be helpful. - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
snipped-for-privacy@nl.rogers.com wrote:

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/pdfs/06_Cat_pages/Cat_06_pg0010_11.pdf
Series 90 Single stage models accept remote indoor sensor, staging models accept up to 3 indoor sensors and offer temperature averaging or weighted average by sensor location and program time.