Geothermal and new vents

I had geothermal rep. come out last night. I'm going to put a split geothermal in the house. we came to the conclusion that nobody had redone the pipe layout when the furnace was replace 16 years ago. We agree the pipes would have to be redone. Question : whats involved in getting the correct size , etc . What the average cost to have someone come out to house to figure out what needed to be done ? Do i have to wait until i have the geothermal unit installed ? Thanks . Just doing early leg work on what needed to be done. The house was built in the 1940's.

Didn't you ask the rep these questions?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

in (5 ton over the 3 ) geothermal system instead of a split geothermal , and get rid of the oversize pipes and furnace. When they put the geothermal system in ,then they will replace or reconfigure the pipes. Now i'm wondering if the pipes from the last furnace should be replaced now (as soon as possible to increase the performance of the present furnace ) , since they are so inefficient. The old pipes must be 30 + years old. Or just wait until i can put the new geothermal system in.