Gas Heat Furnace does not respond to t-stat

turned on my gas furnance for the ground level of 2story house yesterday and it just kept going never turning off, so i tried to lower the temp, but it the t-stat seemed to intermittenly go on and off? so I turned it off. Today I turned on the t-stat but it seems like it would not turn on the furnace, when I turned the temp up it appears to flash and click off. If i jiggle the thermostate it appears to try to turn on and off. I have a LUX 1500 digital t-stat that I put in about years ago, is this my problem? I also personally changed the motherboard on the furnace as well about 2 years ago.
Thanks for anyone who can help,

Sounds like time to call you favorite local competent, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC tech to diagnose and correctly repair the system.

Replace the daughter board, if that doesn't work, just keep jiggling the thermostat while licking a window.
<Al Moran> wrote in message wrote:

LOL!!!
I thought you were supposed to lick the gas valve? But your advice was probably better.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Most motherboards on furnaces seem to only last about 2 yrs so I would likely just change the board again. You should also install a new thermostat with that new board. Bubba
Bubba posted for all of us...

Oh Bubba, you are being bad.... You didn't tell him that the bus serial numbers had to match so they would sync properly.

If you installed your own thermostat then disconnect it. Twist the W and R wires together. The furnace should heat and run continously... Un twist them and the furnace should stop heating. If this happens then it sounds like a bad thermostat. Just install a new one. You should turn the power off before you twist or untwist.
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -