Broken Down and getting very cold.....

I have a Lennox Elite gas furnace and I need help please quickly...... my furnace broke down last night and it is -15degrtees here....I have alternating red-green flashiong lights and no glow at all...there is a clicking sound intermittently as the furnace tries to start, but that is momentarily. No heat at all.....the fan works if I put it on "fan- setting", can anyone help with suggestions...PLEASE......???

Reply to
aushaw

Call an HVAC contractor?

Reply to
<kjpro

Thanks of course I did, I am still waiting it has been 5 hrs since I phoned, most of them are out on emergency calls as mine is...

Reply to
aushaw

If it&#39;s going to be a long wait... Look for other ways to provide supplemental heat till they arrive.

Reply to
<kjpro

I guess that&#39;s the downside to furnaces that have controls complex enough to warrant LEDs.

Reply to
CJT

A board that has an idiot light (LED) is complex to you CJT? Wow! You are a dumb f*ck Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I normally pay no attention to the LED&#39;s...

Reply to
<kjpro

Model G26 or 9OU furnace. Blue jhonston control module. Spark ignition.

Alt fast flash = ign. failure. Who doesn&#39;t pay attention to LED&#39;s?...idiot

Could be the clicking is establishing the pilot, but flame sensor is dirty, or module is bad, or gas valve is bad. You sure your gas hasn&#39;t been shut off?

Those blue module&#39;s all fail sooner or later. Replace with honeywell s861ou1003.

Lennox will have a kit no doubt. Nothing you can easily do to get it going. I wouldn&#39;t even walk someone through cleaning that sensor....putting the burner door on wrong can cause probs...and most pro&#39;s can&#39;t seem to do it properly.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Call your Lennox dealer.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Well, I guess you are going to have to wait.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That&#39;s because I can test and diagnose the equipment without the help of an "idiot" light.

I know you use them and count on them for your correct diagnosis.

Sucks to be you.

Reply to
<kjpro

Now thats funny. You gotta watch an idiot light to figure out whats wrong. Id love to see you check one out giving a false code (which happens very ofter). I&#39;ll bet you go through boxes of those 3amp one time fuses. What a nut hole. Nobody trusts a blinking LED you retard. I hope your mother told you you were a pathetic waste of sperm. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

If not, I&#39;m sure his father would tell him... that is IF he could locate his father... lol

Reply to
<kjpro

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt