xmas cactus

After my xmas cactus is done blooming this year I'm going to replant them.

They are kind of on the small side grown by me from a cutting. What kind of soil is best for them. I read somewhere that they are not really a cactus and I was about to purchase cactus soil which I think is on the sandy side from Lowes. What soil is best for them?

Reply to
Sammy'

Wait at least two months after blooming to repot it. It needs a time to rest. And then, you should only repot it when you see roots growing out the drainage hole. Use a regular potting soil (peat-moss based) with a little sharp sand added. The Christmas cactus is a "forest cactus" and likes frequent misting and high humidity. Some Christmas cacti will bloom more than once in a season if given ideal conditions. Be careful not to overwater (especially now) and drain off the saucer after watering.

Reply to
Phisherman