Wintering hydrangeas

I have young plants from cuttings just potted. Googling suggests removing from clay pots and either planting outside or lying in a protected area when autumn leaves are falling. Seems harsh to me. Wonder if I could continue growing in sunny window or move to basement (ca 60 deg. F) shaded window. Also have larger pots on sheltered porch as possibility. Do hydrangeas have to go completely dormant? I'm in Northern DE. Frank

http://ag.udel.edu/extension/horticulture/index.htm
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Thanks. My alma mater. Will bookmark, even though they do not have much to say about this topic. Frank

Call them. They probably participate in the master gardener program: Really old people who field questions from the public. Some of these people know every damned thing about plants.