White Rabbit's Foot Fern

(Humata tyermannii) I've had two little ones for about two months and they aren't growing at all. They are in a south facing window and get only about 3 hours of sun a day due to the blocking effects of the house next door, They haven't browned off or anything but they aren't growing at all. Are the silver furry rooty-things supposed to gow longer and do the new shoots come off them? Would they do better under glass? I hope someone can help me make these plants thrive. They are pretty cute but too little. Would they be happier in a window with no direct sun? Thanks for any help.

http://www.denverplants.com/foliage/html/frnrab.htm
alice