wheelbarrow wheel

I am moving dirt in my backyard, and with the heavy load, I got four flat tires on my wheelbarrow. No puncture, just air escaping at the junction of tire and wheel. I can not pump it and I have to take it to the tire shop where they are usually able to inflate it with compressed air. I don't want to buy another wheelbarrow so I can get a spare wheel for quick substitutions, but where can I get a spare wheel? Home Depot does not have it.

Reply to
simy1

In article , simy1 @my-deja.com says... :) I am moving dirt in my backyard, and with the heavy load, I got :) four flat tires on my wheelbarrow. No puncture, just air escaping :) at the junction of tire and wheel. I can not pump it and I have to :) take it to the tire shop where they are usually able to inflate it :) with compressed air. I don't want to buy another :) wheelbarrow so I can get a spare wheel for quick substitutions, :) but where can I get a spare wheel? Home Depot does not have it. :) :) get a cheap compressor that is either electric or runs off your car battery and inflate it yourself

Reply to
Lar

This part where the wheel meets the rim is called the bead. If you have leaks here you may want to take the wheel off and clean up both the metal portion of the rim (inside) and the rubber portion of the tire that contacts it. If you have rust in there it may be allowing air to escape.

Hav> I am moving dirt in my backyard, and with the heavy load, I got

Reply to
Robert Chambers

Do a web search for wheelbarrow wheels and you should find a number of sources.

Tubeless tires deflate because of punctures or defects > I am moving dirt in my backyard, and with the heavy load, I got

Reply to
William Brown

Go and get some slime or similar sealant. Clean the rim and tire bead while things are flat. Put the slime in. Sprawl -Mart stocks wheels. Adding a tube won't hurt you, you can use a larger size than you need- it's not likely you will go over 25mph in the wheelbarrow:) and a 10" tube will work in a 8" wheel etc.etc

Reply to
bamboo

I bought a solid rubber wheel & replaced the stupid deflatable one that came with the wheelbarrow. This improved the wheelbarrow EVER so much. The solid wheels are sold at all hardware stores because the vendors know damned well the cheap deflatable one that comes with a wheelbarrow is worthless.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Thaks to all. I was hoping for a solid rubber. I will check a few hardware stores for that tonight.

Reply to
simy1

There are lots of possibilities at:

will undoubtedly wrap badly. So you mght just want to go to northernool.com and and do your own search for "wheelbarrow" and look at what pops up.

Reply to
John McGaw

Get a tube! Get a tube! It isn't too hard to install an inner tube, which I've found easily available at hardware stores, tire shops, etc. Cheap, works great, lasts long time, stop the aggravation! If you are not familiar with tubes, maybe a quick stop at a tire shop (any auto tire shop has experts in this department)

The softer (or harder ride if you want) rolls easier over small obstructions or over tender new lawns better than any solid tire. Trust me. Been there, done that, many times for friends and relatives.

Lynn the wheelborrow king

Reply to
Lynn Coffelt

I second that. I got my wheel with a solid rubber tire at Home Deot. Cost almost as much as the wheelbarrow. But where the goatheads grow, it was well worth the expense.

Olin

Reply to
omi