What should I plant?

Hi,
I am new to gardening.... I have a house in Portugal and it has a backyard of 1.200 square meters full of weeds. Once or twice a year I have to ask someone to go there and with a tractor to clean the land. I am wondering if there is any type of grass (or any other stuff) that will take the space and without growing too much (max around 15 cm) will make it green.
Cheers,
PA
How about replacing it with a meadow? "There's almost nothing quite as lovely as a meadow full of wildflowers and grasses swaying in the summer breeze, butterflies flitting around, bees buzzing, birds singing and the sun shining."
http://www.englishplants.co.uk/meadow.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thats a good idea and I am already looking for prices, althoug I was thinking on a faster solution for the whole backyard (1.200 sqm) . Now what I can do is to put some type of grass that would be faster and then put like 400 sqm of meadow
Thats a good idea and I am already looking for prices, althoug I was thinking on a faster solution for the whole backyard (1.200 sqm) . Now what I can do is to put some type of grass that would be faster and then put like 400 sqm of meadow.
This is the bit of the land that unfortunatelly I will have to leave untreated for a few years, in the front there is a 400 sqm garden that I am focusing on now. thats why I just need something fast and relatively cheap and low labor for the back. I just hate to see the 80 cm tall weeds and grass and spikes