what kind of plant is this???

i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are.
thanks.
http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the :) other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two :) things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are. :) :) thanks. :) :)
http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg
:) :)
http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg
:) :) I believe it is one of the "dog stinkhorn" fungi...there probably is a foul odor along with it.
--
Lar

Lar wrote:

Hey, you beat me by one minute! If I hadn't stopped to spell check, I might have gotten my reply in first! :-)
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says... :) Lar wrote: :)
:) > snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... :) > :) i found this strange plant growing in our front yard landscaping the :) > :) other day. anyone one know what this is? the flies swarmed these two :) > :) things. they seemed to really love it - what ever they are. :) > :) :) > :) thanks. :) > :) :) > :)
http://i6.tinypic.com/245g30k.jpg
:) > :) :) > :)
http://i2.tinypic.com/245g5th.jpg
:) > :) :) > :) :) > I believe it is one of the "dog stinkhorn" fungi...there probably is a :) > foul odor along with it. :) :) Hey, you beat me by one minute! If I hadn't stopped to spell check, I :) might have gotten my reply in first! :-) :) :) Steve :) <blowing away the smoke from the index finger> A benefit from being a Texan..don't need the spell check...any typos are looked at as typing with a Texas draw...
--
Lar

Ward wrote:

I've never seen it in that exact color scheme but the pictures clearly show a stinkhorn fungus: http://www.richard-seaman.com/Fungus/Phallic/index.html http://www.fcps.edu/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/mpages/elegant_stinkhorn.htm
Steve
Ward wrote:

likely Stinkhorn fungus or close relative.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Oh that! It's a shriveled penis. LOL