What is eating my tree

I planted a sour cherry tree this spring, and three blueberry bushes. Something is decimating them. Almost all the branches on the cherry tree less than 3 feet hight (it is about 5 feet tall) have been nipped off. Over half of the branches on the blueberry bushes have been bitten off. The leaves don't seem to be eaten, but the branches are bitten off a anywhere from a few inches to a foot from the trunk. Yesterday I put a little 2 foot hight fence around the tree, only to find a branch bigger around than a pencil bitten off again today. The branch was where the fence was closest to the tree. Three more branches were bitten of my blueberries. My guess is rabbits, but the damage happens overnight, so I have not seen the culprit. Any guesses? Can post picture if needed.
Ralph L midwest, zone 5.

hoof prints. Frank