Weeping Willow - Salix

I'm new to the forum and not an expert gardener. Can anyone help explai
why a 10 year old weeping willow has died. It has been healthy an undisturbed, but all this years new growth has died. The onl difference is this year I planted petunias around it? would that caus a problem. We have not been flooded, nor have has it been too dry. An help would be appreciated though I fear too late for this tree but will be replacing it and would like to avoid facing the same problem
-- Kay Dolan

Where are you located? Where is the plant located on your property? Sun? Shade? Damp? Dry? Where did you buy it? Did it come in burlap wrapped root ball or planted in a pot? Have you checked the bark around the base of the trunk for lawnmower/weed- whacker damage? Is there any green left on the tree?

Can't really say, especially not from this amount of information. You could propagate this plant from cuttings, fairly easily (My parents planted ours simply by pounding a branch end into the ground, and keeping it watered!)
Generally speaking, trees take several years to die, so what started this may have occurred several years ago.
In the US, I'd encourage you to take a sample to Extension Service, but I don't know who would perform a similar service in the UK. Have you a botanical garden or a good nursery nearby?
Kay
so sorry! i LOVE weeping willows!

Yes, the planting and disturbing of the non-woody roots could have caused this especially if the tree was already stressed.
--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.