Watermelons

Should watermelons be under leaves or exposed to the sun?

Reply to
brsher

Hi! I believe watermelons love the sun, i have always exposed mine to the sun, and not had a problem. Melons love sun, heat and room to run. Good-luck!! peppergirl please check out my website. Click on below.

Reply to
Peppergirl

In article , snipped-for-privacy@kans.com says... :) Depends on where you are. Some will be damaged by sun scald if they are not :) covered. My aunt said that they keep the weeds down until the melons :) started runners. Then they let them go and they caused shade on the melons. :) Others plant them in a corn field. :) :) Our field was behind the corn..thought it was to hide the melons from view of the road.

Reply to
Lar

Depends on where you are. Some will be damaged by sun scald if they are not covered. My aunt said that they keep the weeds down until the melons started runners. Then they let them go and they caused shade on the melons. Others plant them in a corn field.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne