Updating/renovating the garden - advice needed.

Hi to all, I'm new to GB & this is my first post. Although I've been planting, growing & doing general gardening (love it) for over 10 years now I've just started to redesign an area right at the back of my garden (12 by 20 feet approx) so it's my first attempt at a little bit of landscaping so to speak. The 60 year old huge greenhouse at the very back of the garden was taken down late last year as it had become dangerous & also far too large for my use. The greenhouse had been built on a concrete base which is still sound & is sunk approximately 12 inches below its surrounding perimeter. Outside & around the green house there was crazy paving which is firmly compacted in as it's been there for as long or longer than the greenhouse. So I had a bit of land infilling to do where the greenhouse used to stand, with old bricks, rubble, then approximately 3 inches of peagravel which I had access to. My original plan was to have the area paved but my daughter reckons it would look much better with turf as there's a large recently installed stone paved area in the middle of the garden & no grass at all in the back garden. So the question is will the turf take OK if I add a couple of inches to soil on the pea gravel before laying turf? Drainage is good as this area is slightly raised above the rest of the garden & on a very slight downward slope.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Reply to
Pam Whitehead