Transplanting Bird of Paradise

I have an old BP that has made beaucoup pups over the years. I wanted to t= ransplant it -- them -- to create a privacy screen between me and neighbor = (where I had huge hedge removed).

My wonderful landscape guy -- not regular gardener -- nixes the idea. He s= ays it is too warm to move a BP now. Something about the roots extending w= ay out; they would have to be cut; the BP won't like that because the roots= contains water, which will "leak" out and the BP will not transplant well.= Advises waiting until Nov. or Dec.

Now I have to regroup in a hurry, as I was counting on those BP so I wouldn= 't have to buy big tall plants.

QUESTION: Anybody have experience with transplanting big BP? Can you bear= out his opinion about too warm now?

Would appreciate feedback.

HB =20

Reply to
Higgs Boson