too many frogs?

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more common frogs this year?

We have a small pond in our garden in Lancs, about 6' by 4' and there are more than 200 frogs having fun in it at the moment - more than we have ever seen before!

There are so many that our cats are actually being intimidated this year... normally they love to chase the odd one or two about, but this year there are so many that they are staying indoors!

Reply to
bigjon

On which side of the planet is Lancs. I am guessing it is in the UK. It is still cold enough here that we haven't seen many frogs yet.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Let me get this straight. Once or twice a year, parents are obliged to bring their kids to see whatever's the current Disney animated talking animal movie, paying 6-8 bucks a person, plus overpriced popcorn and drinks. You have FREE entertainment that's a thousand times better, and you use the phrase "too many"?

Mind if I stop by with my cat? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Reply to
madgardener

In article , snipped-for-privacy@vic.com says... :) there can NEVER be too many frogs.........that indicates where you are is :) healthy.......... :)

Never say never :)

down and click on the sound of "many frogs"

Reply to
Lar

Tell me about it - I've had the neighbours moaning already... The common frog here in the UK is much lower pitched than that link though

- it sounds like somebody is running a petrol generator all night...

Personally, I love it, but they are a bit thick round here and I'm sure the local authority will be down soon to investigate (they are a little narrow minded as well).

Reply to
bigjon

if there are more frogs, perhaps there are more INSECTS for them to eat?? imho, there can NEVER be too many insect-eating creatures around!!!! (bats, dragonflies, damselle flies, toads/frogs, salamanders, newts, etc.)

Reply to
RAINDEAR

Frogs disappearing very fast, certain types especially, some from water and air conditions, some from invader frogs (from other countries). I hope the right frogs are there singing their little air sacs out!

Reply to
glenon