too many frogs?

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more common frogs this year?
We have a small pond in our garden in Lancs, about 6' by 4' and there are more than 200 frogs having fun in it at the moment - more than we have ever seen before!
There are so many that our cats are actually being intimidated this year... normally they love to chase the odd one or two about, but this year there are so many that they are staying indoors!

On which side of the planet is Lancs. I am guessing it is in the UK. It is still cold enough here that we haven't seen many frogs yet.
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6

Let me get this straight. Once or twice a year, parents are obliged to bring their kids to see whatever's the current Disney animated talking animal movie, paying 6-8 bucks a person, plus overpriced popcorn and drinks. You have FREE entertainment that's a thousand times better, and you use the phrase "too many"?
Mind if I stop by with my cat? :-)
there can NEVER be too many frogs.........that indicates where you are is healthy.......... maddie whose own peepers are in high lustful singing

:) there can NEVER be too many frogs.........that indicates where you are is :) healthy.......... :)
Never say never :)
http://starbulletin.com/2001/07/08/news/story1.html#jump
scoll down and click on the sound of "many frogs"
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:34:22 -0600, Lar wrote:

Tell me about it - I've had the neighbours moaning already... The common frog here in the UK is much lower pitched than that link though - it sounds like somebody is running a petrol generator all night...
Personally, I love it, but they are a bit thick round here and I'm sure the local authority will be down soon to investigate (they are a little narrow minded as well).
if there are more frogs, perhaps there are more INSECTS for them to eat?? imho, there can NEVER be too many insect-eating creatures around!!!! (bats, dragonflies, damselle flies, toads/frogs, salamanders, newts, etc.)
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.
snipped-for-privacy@macdialup.com