tomato leaves turning brown

One of my topsy turvy plants the leaves are turning brown from the outside of leaves going towards the middle. Its not the older leaves but almost all at once. Is it because of temp changes. We went from 60s to 90 for 3-4 days now down to 70s or 80s. any thoughts would help
--
bchaguy

My first guess is that your watering them too much.

If the edges are brown crispy then I'd suspect that there is not enough moisture deep in the soil. Stick a finger deep into the soil and see if it's dry.

Hmm... I thought too much water and another says too little???
I will agree to stick a finger in the pot at least three inches top or bottom in that upside down world.
How often are you watering the plant?

You must live in SoCal because that is exactly our weather pattern. The TTs can be really tricky. They need frequent watering as the containers dry out very rapidly. It is hard to keep the plants consistently moist and tomatoes really need consistent moisture. I grow in containers, too and what saved my plants was installing a fairly inexpensive irrigation system. I just bought one of the kits at Lowe's and put an emitter in every pot. I also got the fairly cheap timer and was able to give just enough water in the morning and late afternoon to make everything thrive. Well worth the money IMO.
Paul