The Baffling Disappearance of The Bees.

Couldn't sleep at all last night: Heat made me turn on the ceiling fan and the noise from that kept me imagining there were little creatures from outer space creeping around the house. Then because I had been reading about the disappearance of the bee before going to bed ... all night long I kept mulling over this nightmare scenario where our bees were being abducted by little creatures from outer space (after they had, naturally, gone through all their own planet's fierce beasts) to be used in their bizarre rite of passage from "boy"to "warrior" (in which each "boy" had to engage in a fight to the death with a "fierce creature" from another planet (our bee). I "watched" a couple of the fight, and they were pretty horrifying.
Otherwise, since this is a world-wide phenomenon, there must be a world-wide cause. And the only thing I can think of off the top on my head happening world-wide right now is the shifting of the earth' magnetic field(s).
Whatever the cause turns out to be, the mystery is truly upsetting on many human levels. Reminds one of just how fragile our existence on this planet really is.
S D Rodrian http://poems.sdrodrian.com http://physics.sdrodrian.com http://mp3s.sdrodrian.com
All religions are local. Only science is universal.

It's the bee rapture I tell you.
--
There may come a time when the CO2 police will wander the earth telling
the poor and the dispossed how many dung chips they can put on their

Things are such as they are. Never the less things remain such as they are. Still things are as they are.
Foolish Chinese obscure shit that obviously ruined my mind.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Well, if all the worlds bees are found congregating in one place and unable to leave, you'll know you were right.
Janet
contains these words:

And you'll know you've found the place to beez.

I'm going with this idea. I like it.
contains these words:

Inconclusive. It could also be a convention. If they were all wearing name badges and drinking heavily, we would have proof.
[...]

[..]
Hey, that's pretty neat!
Whoever posted this - attribution please?
TIA
Persephone

Well, it seems that the missing bees around here have been found. There was a clip on the local news this weekend that some people in a neighboring county found out they had a bee problem in their daughter's playhouse. They actually called a bee-keeper instead of the local pest control. (good 4 them!) When the bee-keeper arrived with all his gear, he wound up "catching" 60,000 bees! They reported that he still didn't get all the bees, but did get the main portion of them. There were several honey combs too. Reportedly had 13 gallons of honey. While I don't really wish for that many bees around my house - I would go for 20 thou or so. link to the story for those interested
http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?sf38308
Rae