Terrarium plants?

Perhaps this is OT but there seem to be no terrarium newsgroups in English.
Can anyone suggest a plant(s) for a small - cubic foot or less - terrariums. I have a book but it concentrates on air plants and grafted cacti. Perhaps a more usual common plant? Ideally something that would bloom frequently? Maybe something that can be grown from seed?
Suggestions?
TIA
KenK wrote:

My great uncle did miniature terrariums as a hobby, he used jelly jars, baby food jars, nail polish bottles, even tiny perfume vials... he didn't have a lot of space as he lived in a small appartment in Brownsville, Brooklyn... every inch of his few windows were covered with his mini terrariums. He was featured in the NY Daily Mirror magazine section. Many of his plants were sprouted from the seeds of ordinary fruit from the produce markets; citrus, apples, pears, and the like. He would scour the empty lots and cracks in the sidewalks for plants, mosses, lichens, whatever he could find. His terrariums contained whole tiny villages he built with toothpics, wooden spoons, ice cream pop sticks for lumber, complete with rivers and lakes of broken mirror, broken colored glass, whatever he dreamed up. He also grew miniature forests in toothpaste tube caps. He gardened with magnifying glasses, jewelers loupes, and tweezers. He passed away some fifty years ago, he was a great influence in getting me interested in gardening. I also had a neighbor who specialized in growing orchids, many quite small, he had a small greenhouse about the size of a one car garage... orchids make excellent terrarium plants. He's now switched over to Bonsai.

Fascinating! I wish I had his patience and love of detail. It does give me some possibilities to consider though. Thanks much for your fine description of your uncle's creations. I printed out your message and put it in my terrarium book as a reminder.

On 2015-11-25 16:29:36 +0000, KenK said:

They don't bloom very often, but have you considered carnivorous plants?
http://greenforks.com/asset/greenforks/2011/05/chelsea_09-Carnivorous.jpg
email.me:

No, but that's an interesting suggestions. I had a couple when I was a kid but never since then. Thanks for the idea!