Sterile Peppers?

Hi. I have been growing peppers since OCTOBER of 2005 and they are now flowering. Granted, they were grown indoors under weak daylight florescent bulbs but I reckon this has been way too long.

I do not not much about gardening so please don't chastise me. I am noticing that the peppers (which are now standing 2' tall and not root-bound) are flowering over-and-over again and not producing fruit.

My guess is that they are not being pollinated and as such they won't produce fruit. I could be wrong, of course.

My other guess which is that perhaps that plants are sterile? Is it possible I got bad seeds? Would they even flower?

I have *tons* of flowering points on my pepper plants and they gradually fall off and the tips die off. I can only guess this is because they have not been pollinated by a bee, bug, whatever. I am concerned because these plants, if pollinated, would now produce a huge yield based on their size. Right now they are about two feet tall which is about a foot higher than i've grown them in the past. I'd

*really* love for them to produce fruit.

I am putting them outside now thats it warmer here in the mid-atlantic in hopes of them being pollinating by a nice bee or such.

Am I off base here? Will someone please correct me or affirm my suspicions?

Very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Reply to
foo

Pollinate those flowers yourself for indoor plants. Just tickle the center of the flower with a pencil eraser. Works for me.

Reply to
James

oh my god can I please ask how the hell this works?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
foo

oh duh nevermind i forgot most peppers are self-pollinating...i should have remembered that..well thanks for reminding me anyhow.

Reply to
foo

James wrote: > Pollinate those flowers yourself for indoor plants. Just tickle the center

Q-Tips work well for this, too.

Reply to
Pennyaline

Uhhhhh, erm, well... there are birds... and, uh, bees, and... um...

Reply to
Pennyaline

Yeah but no birds or bees are involved here :)

Thanks for the tips. I'm praying this works...they are outdoors now so i'm thinking its going to happen naturally with an exceedingly high pollen count incrementing every day.

Reply to
foo