Starting Seeds form Hybrid Plants????

I've purchased quite a few seeds this year and started all my vegetables and annuals from scratch. Much of these varieties are hybrid type, especially the plants for hanging baskets. My question is what will result if I cultivate seed from these hybrid plants to use for next years crop??? Sure would be nice if it will work since I spent about $150.00 in seed this year...thanks
The seeds will NOT grow into the same kind of plant they came from, instead they'll revert to one or both of the plants that where used to make the hybred.

snipped-for-privacy@hvc.rr.com wrote:

good traits. It hard to rip out volunteer tomatoes but whenever I keep them, the results are usually very acidic and sometimes there is too much pulp, etc.
Hi
Your F1 F2 hybrids will be sterile and not produce viable seeds.
Derryl

ornamental millet I planted two years ago came true from the collected seed last year.....
Cheryl
I think the claim of sterility for all F1's is in line with Monstanto's claim that the bioengineered corn with insect repelling genes was sterile - now found interbreeding all over the place.......and ladies, don't EVER sleep with a man who claims he is sterile without using protection...LOL