Spathiphyllum

I have a nice big healthy spathiphyllum (peace lily) growing indoors. I've had it for almost a year and this year there are 6 flowers (or spathes to use the correct term) growing on it. Some of these flowers are almost mature and some have just begun to grow. But the mature flowers are much smaller than the flowers it had last autumn when there were only about 2 flowers.

My question is: Is this because the plant is investing so much energy in growing 6 spathes that it has to keep them small in size? If I had snipped perhaps 3 of the flowers when i saw them begin to grow, would the remaining flowers have grown bigger and taller? Or is it a bad idea to cut growing flowers on a spath?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
xoin

Try using a fertilizer high in phosphate. Mine have nice large flowers with Expert Gardener Bloom Burst which is 10-52-10. I bought it at either Big Lots or Dollar General.

Reply to
Mindful