Spacing of Drip Lines

I'm about to install drip line irrigation in my border gardens. The borders are 5' wide and frame a lawn area. If the emitters in each line are 18" apart, should I space parallel drip lines 18" from each other?
-Fleemo
On Mar 10, 6:48 am, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

If the water holding capacity of the soil is good enough then you can use dripline at 20" also. only calculate the time needed to merge the water from parallel drippers in to each other and you run the system for this calculated time .

Thanks for the input, Ananda. :)
-Fleemo