sometimes you just have to vent your spleen......

Page 2 of 2
gldancer wrote:

yeppers, bring em down but call me first, I'll be out gardening and huntin' fer jobs................ maddie

(Sigh) Like it or not, life goes on, within you or without you. Hopefully, the glorious bursting forth of new buds takes some of the sting out of the loving memories of old canes. Anywho, they both need acknowledgment and care. - Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)
I've often thought of this post in the last few days. While damage has already been done, perhaps future damage might be reduced. It's possible the folks doing the "clean up" know very little about gardening and in their efforts to tidy up unknowingly destroy and damage. Perhaps if you would very sweetly (One catches more flies with sugar than with vinegar.) offer to help with the "clean up". Something along the lines of, "I can't help but notice you are doing some yard work. Since I've live next door, know what is planted, and can identify many of the emerging plants, perhaps I can give you a hand. I'm sure it is difficult to decide how to proceed when you're not sure what is planted where. In any case, I have very fond memories of Miz Mary and would very much like to work in the garden she so much enjoyed. In addition to giving me the opportunity to help out, perhaps you would allow me to have some cuttings or plants you intend to remove. Planting them in my own garden in memory of Miz Mary would please me very much. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help."
Well, maybe I'm too much of a Polly Anna but then again maybe it would work. Sorry you have to witness the devastation. I'm sure it is very painful.

Bless you heart.

Do you not know how to trim threads and postings?
Mike
'Mike' wrote:

lighten up on 'becca, Mike, she loved the words I wrote and forgot is all! (((hug))) maddie
'Mike' wrote:

what more should I expect from a Greenie?? <gbseg> maddie

Bless your heart actually means something else. I've learned this is how the south is (rudely) polite. And no, part of the passive aggression is that she leave the entire post and not trim it. Smarmy, that's what I call it.
How devastating! Could you email me the pics? I can't get your pics to show on alt. binaries and since my old computer bit the dust, I lost the link that someone posted here that DID work for me. Maybe they'll see this and repost it.
Gloria