Should I be concerned about my bamboo getting too close to my neighbor's pool?

I have a bed where I planted these buddha belly's bamboo (wamin) about five years ago. They started to spread a little. Here are two pictures where you can see the new shoots are very close to a chain linked fence.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1090906/P1000349.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1090906/P1000350.JPG
On the other side of the fence is my neighbor's property. Their swimming pool is only four feet from the fence.
Is this a disaster waiting to happen? What can I do?
Thanks,
MC
That is a nice stand of bamboo you have. Very attractive. According to Daves Garden reviews it can be invasive even for a clumping variety. http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/2432 /
You have room to put a barrier in the ground between it and the fence. Something buried about 18" deep should hold it in as long as the runners can't go under or over it. Some sort of metal barrier would be a good choice. Good.luck/ Elaine in Ga Zone 7b

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:19:33 -0400, "miamicuse"

This kind of bamboo is not invasive like other types. If it were, it would have spread much more, destroyed the fence, and more. To be on the safe side, I'd chop it back 6" or so from the fence.

my comment is not very helpful but looking at the very unattractive fence I reckon having the bamboo taking over is definately an improvement.
rob
I just picked up two rolls of bamboo fencing from home depot to strap to the ugly hurricane fence at our rental. it wont take over. Ingrid