roses

I recently had to dig up and move my flower bed. I know this isn't the time of year to be transplanting roses, but I had no choice, as my husband wanted them moved to a different area. I made sure to dig a wide root base for them and took care not to "disturb" them much. However, some of the nine bushes are doing well (it has been 4 weeks since the transplant) and some of them don't look so good. They are turning brown, starting from the top of the branch and then running down. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might save the bushes. If I break the browning top joints off, will that do more damage than good? Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Rae
I recently had to dig up and move my flower bed. I know this isn't the time of year to be transplanting roses, but I had no choice, as my husband wanted them moved to a different area. I made sure to dig a wide root base for them and took care not to "disturb" them much. However, some of the nine bushes are doing well (it has been 4 weeks since the transplant) and some of them don't look so good. They are turning brown, starting from the top of the branch and then running down. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might save the bushes. If I break the browning top joints off, will that do more damage than good? Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Rae
I can't comment on the cause of the brown parts, but you said "If I break....". If you meant that literally, change your plan and use pruning shears.
On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:51:30 -0400, "Rachael Simpson"