Rose Campion propagation

Rose Campion, Bloody Mary, Bloody William. Lychnis coronaria

When you cut back the stalks on the campions after blooming, you can cut sections and root them. You want a pair of leaves on a piece of stalk that is about 2-4" long. Just stick them in the dirt in a kinda shady place and move them when they are bigger, in the fall. These cuttings are about 1 month old and you can see the old tattered big leaves and the new growth in the center. These will bloom next spring. And before somebody jumps me on this, I will say that I know this to work in the Atlanta area. Your zone may differ!

This also works really well on penstemons and alpine wallflowers.

I just posted a pix of the 'babies' over on the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens newsgroup

Reply to
Sterling