ROOSETER Problem

A rooster has appeared suddenly at my house and in my front yard gardens. This bird crows loudly all day and early in morning.

The rooster perches on my front porch wooden rails and makes droppings [fertilizes] porch cement. With Bird Flu concerns, we do not need a ROOSTER making droppings and living on my property.

Try as I may, I cannot discourage that Rooster from sitting on my front porch. What can I use to make the smell of my front porch obnoxious to this old Rooster?

Really need help. Dave_S

Reply to
Dave_s

A rooster has appeared suddenly at my house and in my front yard gardens. This bird crows loudly all day and early in morning.

The rooster perches on my front porch wooden rails and makes droppings [fertilizes] porch cement. With Bird Flu concerns, we do not need a ROOSTER making droppings and living on my property.

Try as I may, I cannot discourage that Rooster from sitting on my front porch. What can I use to make the smell of my front porch obnoxious to this old Rooster?

Really need help. Dave_S

Reply to
Dave_s

Have him for Sunday dinner.

Reply to
James

Pennyaline

Dave_s A rooster has appeared suddenly at my house and in my front yard

gardens. This bird crows loudly all day and early in morning.

The rooster perches on my front porch wooden rails and makes droppings [fertilizes] porch cement. With Bird Flu concerns, we do not need a ROOSTER making droppings and living on my property.

Try as I may, I cannot discourage that Rooster from sitting on m front porch. What can I use to make the smell of my front porch obnoxious to this old Rooster?

Really need help. Dave_S

dave do u have a farm not far from your area because that rooste probably belongs to one of the farmers near u. either post a message in your local newspaper, in the grocery store and laundromats near u or have it put on the radio news station abou the rooster and i betcha u might find its owner. good luck in the great rooster adventure. cyaaaa, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

sockiescat wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk:

at the risk of continuing to feed the troll... roosters are not exactly valuable livestock on most farms. i raise chickens & the only reason to keep a rooster is because you happen to like a rooster around, or you're raising rare breeds & have a breeding quality rooster. in my case, i have roosters because i like them, but, except for my Speckled Sussex, i wouldn't mind if they disappeared... if i have more than one Blue Orpington rooster in my batch of Blue & Black Orp chicks, they won't be staying. roosters are too hard on the hens unless you keep them seperate. since my chickens are free range, that can't happen... if a rooster shows up on your doorstep, eat it before it starts attacking you... which it most likely will (yes, i know not all roosters attack, as my Speckled Sussex doesn't, but i tell my kid there's a reason his bantam rooster is shaped like a football...). the electric meter reader used to refuse to read my meter when i had my White Leghorn rooster. the bird was *mean*! we all carried buggy whips when we had to work outside... lee

Reply to
enigma

What, a "wild" rooster? Have you checked with your neighbors to see where the fella came from?

Reply to
Plant Info