Report From The Garden...."Cap'n Thar Be Worms Here!"

Page 2 of 2

Can't that be cured with Preparation H?
--

Billy

In article

No, these:
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/35a796d8/3d2153aa
;-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Everthing well here, though it *is* effed up in KC. 40000 were without power and quite a few homes were destroyed, though only minor injuries were reported so far. There was no warning or advance on them.
Arkansas had serious damage and eight deaths (last I heard). One was a teenager asleep in bed and a tree fell thru the roof.
I'll be back this evening to see how all the fine folks are doing here in wrecked gardens.
Charlie
On May 4, 10:23 am, Charlie wrote:

On May 4, 10:23 am, Charlie wrote:

Somehow, Ma Nature follows me around and gets pissy now and then. When I was a kid in NE, I survived a number of tornado close calls. While I was in college in Tempe AZ, the Salt River flowed (from diversion dam overflow) for the first time since the 30's, wiping out most of downtown Phoenix. In 1970 (71?), while stationed in the Mojave, THE BIG ONE hit. Somewhere in the low 8's. Collapsed many freeway overpasses, destroyed a VA hospital, and almost blew a dam in north LA county -- 200 thousand valley people evacuated. Lived 30 mi. from St. Helens when it blew.....twice. Back to school at WSU (only school in PAC 10 where it snows) for the coldest winter since record keeping. Survived two typhoons and one super typhoon (an official term) while in Micronesia with Peace Corps in 94-96 Ten years here with at least three nights a year in the bomb shelter, spillway at Table Rock Dam (Branson) opened for the first time EVER after the all-time record rains this winter, an 4.8 earthquake two weeks ago and a 4.4 a couple days ago, 38 tornado touchdowns in January, and my radishes are late. I am expecting frogs, locusts, and flies (already got ticks) any day.
I am really a nice guy, but neighbors tend to move away.
cheers
oz, who doesn't even count backpacking through the USSR when the army threw Gorby in house arrest, and me with a USAF(ret) ID in my pocket.
In article

I think that was '72. We lived in LA at the time. I was 10. I remember the mess it made!

Ok, sucks to be you. :-(

Move to the hill country. The worst we've gotten in the 26 years I've lived here is one bad hail storm. ;-) 'nadoes touched close a couple of times but not close enough to cause harm!
Hail is hard on gardens tho'. <sigh>

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Izzat LBJ country? My trips through there encountered noxious yuppie breezes from Austin. ;-) However, the Dripping Springs area looked really nice. My son was caretaker at a small farm near there while finishing his dissertation research. He had a HUGE greenhouse, milked goats, shoveled shit, and sold eggs. It was very quiet, but seemed close to whatever citified amenities one might need.
cheers
oz, who, however, really liked the Xmas lights walk near UT (or is it TU?)
In article

Sure is! LBJ ranch is a few miles down the road. (About 15 or 20 I think).

So does Wimberley.

I try to avoid Austin... I just go there to shop when I need to.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Thass the place! He lived across a small creek that I had to ford on a cement dam.
cheers
oz
In article

It's growing...
LBJ ranch is in Johnson city near Blanco. ;-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
On Mon, 5 May 2008 19:43:40 -0700 (PDT), MajorOz

well crap.......looks like the weekend weather is going to hell now.
Your neighborhood appears to be rather large.
I'm beginning to notice a pattern here, now that you mention it.....when you are away, the weather on this end of the state is pretty good. You show up, as indicated by this post, and now we are expecting cooler and possible severe storms for the next several days......
Perhaps you might post your itinerary, weekly, in order that we can plan our gardening activities? I liked Steve's proposal also.
Where you gonna be Memorial Day weekend.......I *was* planning on a family fishfest that weekend.
Charlie, keeping an eye on the sky