remote (e.g. laser) tree trimming?

No reason there couldn't be such a thing, but is there such a thing? I want to trim (burn away) a ~5" diameter branch high on a tree to give me line- of-sight to a satellite. Because of height and location, it is not cheap or easy to get it done professionally.
If you miss you might incinerate your neighbor's eyeball or something.
--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist
P. Galore wrote:

A laser strong enough to burn off a tree limb would be highly regulated by several government organizations. The FAA would be very interested due to the hazard to air traffic.
I once operated a research laser which was directed straight up. It took about 6 months to get all the required paperwork filed and approved by state and federal agencies. In the end we had to have a co-located radar to monitor air traffic.
Believe me, it is cheaper and easier to have it done professionally.

They are called star wars weapons and are used to shoot down airplanes. The defense department is paying millions of $ for them. A tree surgeon is much cheaper.

As many people know, LASER is an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emmission of Radiation.
What you need is a TRABYCABE, TRee Amputation BY CAtapulting BEavers.
News flash, pictures at 11
27 houses were set ablaze today when an arborist's laser used to trim tree limbs tipped over on a jobsite. In addition there were 4 amputations and 3 blindings before the unit could be secured as well as over 1000 trees and shrubs damaged. Fire officials are saying that the damage was minimalized because it was a cloudy day and that it was a blessing that there were only a few injuries. Authorities are reviewing the scene as well as the arborists license and insurance, damages are expected to run in the 10's of millions.