red perenials?

My sister in law made a comment that there are very few red perenials. Is that true? We could only remember a couple ans she has one other but doesn't know the name. So far we know of Bee Balm and Coral bells. Any others for the list?
FayeC
coreopsis, poppies

Red coreopsis? I have pink ones.... Have to look for the red species now :) I thought poppies were annuals..... Do you have a link to seed vendors?
Thanks,
FayeC

Faye Tarzwell wrote:

Coreopsis 'Limerock Ruby'. Unless you're in a fairly warm zone, this one is now being considered an annual.
Suja
It was sold here on Long Island as a perennial... It is really beautiful. I guess I should do what I can to protect it. DK

Are plants that reseed themselves considered perennials? Or is a true perennial where the same plant reemerges every year? I've been curious about this point.
--
-- pelirojaroja
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:01:42 -0400, "pelirojaroja"

They are not true perennials.
Faye Tarzwell wrote:

Off the top of my head, so not a complete list, of course. Yarrow, dianthus, lobelia, lots of daylilies, roses, asters and mums, lychnis, Potentilla, Oriental poppy, Asiatic lilies, et al. If you play a little loose with the definition of red to include the burgundy-reds, orange-reds and pinky reds, the list would be longer.
Suja