Re: when to plant daffs? Zone 4a

Plant as soon as possible when they arrive. Most shippers time the arrival for the best average planting time for your area. I'm in zone 7 and have planted spring bulbs anywhere from end of September to December.

As long as daffodils and other spring blooming bulbs get 8-12 weeks of cooling winter temperatures they will bloom. Carolyn

I guess I am more afraid of a warm spell causing them to start growing early rather than not getting enough cold winter weather.
mm