Re: What the heck are these?

So, one of the (it turned out to be) daylilies has just opened it's first bloom today, and it is one of the orange ones, but it has THREE layers! Check it out:

At the site where an old house has been recently torn down and the groud leveled, I found these

plants lying bare-root on the surface (surrounding them were some growing from roots beneath the >ground. The roots start out long and narrow, but buldge out on the ends. Is this a perinnial >flower that I should keep and plant, or just some type of grass that I can toss?
Reply to
Darren Garrison

they are beautiful! thanks for the pictures!

Reply to
rosie read and post

bloom today, and it is one

leveled, I found these

from roots beneath the

Is this a perinnial

Luck you! Nice daylilies.

Reply to
Vox Humana

bloom today, and it is one

leveled, I found these

from roots beneath the

Is this a perinnial

Where do you live so that I can check of there are any more of those beauties lying around in need of a home? ;-)

John

Reply to
B & J

I have tons. Most already potted. As I added more variety to my landscape, these daylilies just had to go, but can't bear to throw them away and my friends have already taken all they can handle.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

today, and it is one

leveled, I found these

roots beneath the

this a perinnial

I remember your earlier post. How nice that they turned out so well. Now you'll want to get more and different ones, right? :-)

Reply to
Frogleg