Re: Is your basil faulty?

Love the subject line!! Yep, my basil is just sitting there. I felt that my transplants were stunted by the cool spring, so I did some direct seeding as well--they sprouted, but have only grown a few inches. There's just not enough sunshine.
At least you had some basil last year. We had severe water restrictions, and my basil didn't make the triage cut on watering, I was just trying to save some of the shrubs and trees.
However, despite the long snowy winter, the cold wet spring, and the current bout of rain and cloudy skies, I am NOT complaining. It's not an ideal growing season, but it's still better than a drought. Anything is better than a drought.
Cheers, Sue snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Yes, who doesn't have visions of the gangly man beating the p*ss out of his car with a broken tree branch ??? ROFL !!!
Around here, the choice Rathbone Basil is preferred!!!

If you have to resort to supermarket basil, put some pennies in a cup of water and the ends of the basil in the cup. Keep it low in the refigerator and it'll last for several weeks if you keep the ends cut. No joke--the copper helps the basil (or other cut plants) hydrate itself. zemedelec
On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 02:55:34 GMT, "SugarChile"

Same conditions here -- severe drought and water restrictions last year; a reason for Noah to get out his boat-building equipment now.
Do you have municipal recycling in your town? Guidelines here say bottles and cans should be "rinsed" before putting in the bin. Who can quarrel if you fill a 2-ltr bottle at the inside tap, and complete the "rinse" by pouring it on a plant before binning? It's not watering plants; it's rinsing recyclables. :-)