question for winter/baby indoor plants

I have germinated several Catalpa tree seeds, and am also germinating Moscheutos Hibiscus and a Paulownia (I know) tree. We are in the country and have a very large lot in back, maybe an acre, where I want these trees. We have a sunroom on the south side. Am I right that these baby plants and my other house plants will be OK in this room unless it gets below 40F? Thanks, Jackie

Reply to
J. Davidson

They may get ugly & weird looking, but they should be fine, and they'll recover in the spring.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I do not have the answer to your question. However, your interest in the care of trees is awesome. I would like to take this time to share some links with you.

The main top quality source of information is

No one else on these news groups ever recommend the latter. Why? I do not know. Paulownia trees grow in South Eastern USA. It gets pretty cold here. So does Catalpa. However you might have a problem with Hibiscus with lower temps.. Hibiscus is common in middle Florida.

  1. Techno Tree Biology Dictionary
    (look up logging)

  1. Articles written by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO, one of the foremost authorities worldwide on tree systems today online at
    Literature Available by Dr. Shigo is here:
    Hard to get Documents
    Tree Pruning
    you have any suggestions or other links to review please let me know.

610-864-5251

John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist

of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY! Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless