Question

Does anybody in here make a living teaching horticulture at a school? I would like to either do that or open a greenhouse. Any ideas, hints, suggestions? I am ready to take a couple of years of higher education to get me to one of these places, but if I can bypass a year of it, I will kindly take any advice you-all have. ;-)
Debbie
What aspects of horticulture would you like to teach, Debb?
Dave

Hi Dave,
I would like to teach kids how to propogate and grow house plants, perennials and annuals; or start my own business doing that. I love it. It is peaceful and I can see something that I seeded or planted myself start to grow.
Debb

Not necessarily make an entire living but look into any adult education classes in the area. They often offer a class having to do with some sort of gardening. And they often are looking for instructors.
I live in New York State and there are courses offered - in the evenings - for all sorts of things - at the BOCES schools.
JonquilJan
Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying

Good idea. Thanks!
Debb