Pruning in Zone 8

I am planning to prune some shrubs for shape, mainly removing crossing branches and some lower limbs:
Camellia sasanqua crape myrtle 'Natchez' privet (Ligustrum japonicum) wax myrtle (Myrica cerifera) doublefile viburnum 'Shasta'
The weather is great now, and my shears and loppers are sharp. Is there any reason it's better or worse to prune now or at another time (say, in winter or spring).
We usually don't have any freezing weather until late December or January. Spring is more uncertain; it can begin in February, but new growth gets damaged until mid-March, depending on the year.
Mike Prager Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a) (Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)
Mike Prager Wrote:

Hi Mike, The general rule is if it blooms in spring, prune within two weeks o finish of bloom as they will set the bloom buds for next year. If i blooms in late summer through fall, prune in late winter - February.
Here's some sites that should be helpful.
http://tinyurl.com/4sbgv http://tinyurl.com/6kn9x http://tinyurl.com/4dp2e http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/HO-4.pdf
New
-- Newt