Practical Gardner Peonies

Has anyone bought anything under the Practical Gardner brand? Any luck?? I purchased some Peonies back in the Spring and by the time Fall rolled around the eyes looked all dried out and brown. I stuck them in the ground anyway..but something tells me that what I've planted are just a couple of twigs and nothing is going to come up.
thanks, Kate

them?? If so why would you do that?