Potting Shed Site

Hi There, I'm Looking At Investing In A Potting Shed, However, The Only Site I Have Available Is A Norteast Facing Wall, With Some Confiers 10 Feet Away (to The Ne). There Is No Obstruction To The East So The East Side Would Get The Morning Sun. Can Anyone Tell Me If This Will Be Enough To Make Good Use Of A Potting Shed Or Am I Wasting My Money??!!
--
feepington

feepington wrote:

It depends what you want to do in there, where you are.and your financial situation. Your question is vague.
Why are you typing in start case, it is hard to read.
David
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:48:33 +0000, feepington

A potting shed can be located anywhere... it's primarily for storage; pots, potting soil, ammendments, tools, and a work bench for potting/repotting... it's not a greenhouse. Personally I'd much rather do my potting in as shaded/cool a location as possible... working in a shed in the sun is like working in an oven. All of the pre-made potting sheds I've seen are absolutely worthless/shoddily made toys r us structures, cheapo materials stapled together, if they last two years you're lucky... get a book of plans and build your own to suit... you'll have something that will last a lifetime, will be functional, and it'll cost a lot less too. I use a detached one car garage for a gardening shed, it's perfect for storage, but for actual potting I set up a couple of sawhorses outdoors under a large shady tree... those collapsible plastic sawhorses with a few pieces of lumber make a perfect work bench, and when done easy to hose off, let dry, and store in my shed. I honestly don't see the point to an indoor potting bench... and why have a permanent work bench taking up all that valuable square footage in a storage shed just for a few hours use a year. And outdoors I don't care if I spill some potting soil on the ground. A couple of collapsible plastic sawhorses and a few pieces of cedar planking was one of the best/most versatile low cost gardening investments I made... great for any kind of project table, even makes a perfect picnic table.
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

The tailgate of my pickup truck is my workbench for repotting plants and other uses.
--
Nad

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:19:07 +0000 (UTC), Nad

That's because the truck bed is filled with beer coolers. hehe
I'd use a potting shed for potting.
--
feepington

feepington wrote:

Then from the point of view of doing that it doesn't matter much where it is. From other points of view, eg the look of your garden or being out of cold winds, there may be preferred places. There are many possibilities, without knowing your situation I cannot be more specific.
David

.. that's where my neighbour and yourself might differ. He clears out his potting shed once-a-year .. puts up a little stage ; tables & chairs ; some lights ; and throws a great little fundraising concert ! A local warm-up act ; a real good folkie act - bobs-yer-uncle ... great times ensue ! ... there's potting sheds ... and then there's POTTING SHEDS ! John T.
--- Posted via

Where do you live, and what will you "POT"??? If you are planning on growing some POT in there, you might want it on the property line so you can claim it belogs to a neighbor in case john law comes around.