Potted Azalea

I have it in a 7" inch pot that has been outside since spring. Its the hardy variety, but I know if I leave it outside in that size of a pot, the soil would freeze and the temp goes down. I'm in NYC. I brought it inside, the leaves are healthy looking. Can i continue to 'groom' this pot indoors and put it outside again in the spring? Will it go dormant inside? Should i withold watering?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote in message

In Atlanta, Azelea grows year round.
Depending how warm and bright is your "inside", it may not go dormant. You can't let it completely dry even when it's dormant inside your cold garage.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Wishy13764) wrote:

Some azaleas can be kept indoors like house plants. Others need a rest period. Most florist azaleas, even hardy ones, can be kept like house plants. Many field grown plants need to go dormant. This means reduced temperature, reduced light and reduced moisture. I ideal place is an attached garage or other unheated area with a small window.