Please help me get a small cooling pad.

I am embarking myself in the project of making a small 6 square feet 3 to 4 feet tall greenhouse. I think I have most things figured out. I think. I am starting small so problems don't turn into nightmares.

But I have not been able to find a place where I can buy a small cooling pad. For the size of greenhouse I think I only need a third of a square foot. It may be more practical to go a bit bigger. And extra backup pad would be a good thing. So I'm probably looking for 2 or 3 square feet of cooling pad.

And I just can't find anyone that would sell so little.

I am to the point that I am considering taking a bunch of cardboard boxes I have in the garage cutting them into slits and gluing them together. Although from the looks of what I see on the internet the groves (holes) look much bigger than the ones on the cardboard. So I suppose it could create a difference in pressure. And maybe It should be thinner...... Ughh

If anybody knows where to buy a small cooling pad or has an extra one that they would sell, any information will ba greatly appreciated. FYI I live in Austin, TX

Reply to
Arthernan

Actually, you're creating a nightmare. With the small volume of the greenhouse, you're going to see huge temperature swings that can't be damped easily because you have no way to add much thermal mass. In addition, the surface to volume ratio will be high, so it will bleed heat all winter, and gain heat all summer. 18 to 24 cu ft is a really small greenhouse.

Kay

Reply to
Kay Lancaster