Please help identify this lawn-looking weed. Thanks.

http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/30355/2005245841123099253_rs.jpg
http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/32613/2005247854352998612_rs.jpg
We found above lawn-looking THING in our garden for awhile now and we are tired of picking it out and putting new seed on.
Can somebody please identify what this is and recommand me what weed- control chemicals I can use to kill just these instead of normal lawns surrounding it?
THANKS A LOT!
Jae

Sorry to respond twice, but I misspelled the name. Does this look like the tree? Euonymus atropurpureus : http://www.cas.vanderbilt.edu/bioimages/species/euat3.htm
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Looks like quackgrass. Tough to eradicate, especially from a lawn.
http://csuturf.colostate.edu/pdffiles/Perennial%20Weedy%20Grasses%20ID%20and%20MGT.pdf
Know your enemy <G> http://www.hampdenparkcoop.com/features/quackgrass.php
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Bears a remarkable resemblence to crabgrass, though I hate to do more than a suggested id of a grassy weed by photo, especially one in vegetative condition. http://alfalfa.okstate.edu/weeds/sumanngrass/crabgrass/sm-crabgrass-074.htm http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/lawntalk/lawntalk20.html
If it is crabgrass, the cure is mostly cultural... proper mowing and fertilization. It's an annual species and there's probably 20 years worth of seed in the soil. Easiest thing to do is just to get the lawn growing so well that it can outcompete the crabgrass, which is actually fairly easy to do.
If it's quackgrass, it's another kettle of fish entirely -- that's a rather nasty rhizomatous perennial. Or you might have still another species.
Your local extension service can id it for you easily, but in any case, a thicker lawn will make your weed problem much easier to solve.
Kay