Plants that pretty much stay in their place.

I've had no problems with cone flowers or Japanese holly or maples. I sort of like invasive plants but as I age I'm thinking more varied pines about. SLOW GROWING. Only thing I fight with vigor is poison ivy and some variegated ground cover given to us years ago Oh and I also kill Ajuga on site.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
Bill who putters wrote:

I can understand that. No one ever has trouble with their honey suckle or wisteria looking bad. Invasive plants always look strong and healthy.
but as I age I'm thinking more varied

So what we want is a plant with the all the vigor of an invasive species, but a slow growing vigor.
I've given up on that and am just settling for invasive species that the neighbors don't complain about. I'll let you know when I find one!
Jeff

I'm being to think avoid vines with a few exceptions like clematis.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
Bill who putters wrote:

Vines do seem to be the worst. I've taken years battling them, and they can take over if you miss controlling them for a month or two.
Jeff

Jeff Thies wrote:

Japanese Yew is very vigorous; nothing seems to bother it. It trims beautifully, and grows s-l-o-w-l-y, especially when it's small. FWIW.
Tony M.