Planted a sweet potato....now what?

Just as a novelty I planted a sweet potato that started growing in my cupboard. Its in a pot growing nice leaves etc. Is there anything else I can do with it? Will it grow more sweet potatoes?
Have never thought about planting one this time of year. Report back and let us know how it does... I usually plant em in the spring.