Plant thief!

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:BCB7C507.366DC% snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net:

Who is Captain Pickard/Picard? The show I am talking about is something I saw in South America over a couple of days. I was supposed join my professor, Donald Chu-Bellefitte on an archaeological dig, but had stayed behind to attend my brother's wedding. Anyway, one of old Don's important equipment orders came after he had left, so he asked me to bring it, and I got to go anyway.

On my way to the rendezvous point, one of the roads got washed out, and I had to wait several days while the water subsided. Luckily (?), one of the families in the area invited me to stay with them while I waited. The father, an old codger, had a small TV hooked up to a bicycle/generator and he managed to wheedle me into riding it so his kids could watch TV. I guess it was the least I could do. So I would catch up on reading some journals while riding the bike and the kids would watch this TV show. For some reason, I always thought it was funny when I heard the distinguished looking bald guy say "Computador, un té de el Earl Grey, caliente!". Like he had a tea addiction or something.

One of things I didn't like about the future was how there were still so many diseases. For instance, there was a black guy that must have had some huge fungal infection on his forehead and another albino dude who surely would have immediately died of melanoma if he were ever to step foot on a beach.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Sputter and spew!

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

"chaz" in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

but you might need some kind of permit to plant (or other 'unusual' use) on public property. :/

Reply to
Gardñ

snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) in news:paghat-2904040925040001 @soggy72.drizzle.com:

that is scraping the bottom of the barrel. could'nt they make more money finding pennies and bent nails with a metal detector?

Reply to
Gardñ

or maybe they could steal that red lava rock (pumice) along with bits of black plastic, and the oxalis and spurge seeds.

Reply to
Gardñ