Pink Bird of Paradise

Does anyone have or has anyone seen Pink Bird of Paradise? I'm wondering if they are similar to Red Bird of Paradise except for the color?
Sharon
Common names are often very misleading.
Do you have a link to a picture of this plant we can see?
I would suspect that it might be something in the Ginger family rather than a Strelitzia.

Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

http://komaluyo.com/images/pinkk08.jpg
Your picture shows just how misleading and useless common names are.
The plant has absolutely nothing at all to do with Strelitzia or Heliconia. It isn't even a monocot.
Its a Caesalpinia, an arborescent legume.

They call that plant Pride of Barbados or Texas Bird of Paradise. It drives me crazy. I have a beautiful cache of seeds from my four foot plant. Anyone want some seeds? Very easy to propagate. I can spare a few seeds, but I am growing them for a local garden center...so don't have tons to give out.
Victoria-by the way, it also comes in a yellow. Does anyone have seeds of that one?
opined:

Could you please send me some of those seeds? -Theo

Send me your address to: snipped-for-privacy@animaux.net remove the zero or it will bounce. Here is a photo of mine this past season:
http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/newgarden/Page_2x.html
Victoria

I've not seen them, but there are similar plants which sometimes have the common name of bird of paradise and they are Heliconia.