PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Tulips in Deer Country

One of our great plans for moving to the country was to develop our property into part grand English type park and part natural area to promote native flora and fauna.
Well it seems that the native fauna has their own ideas for our property and we have all but abandoned any hope of realizing our goals.
js -- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
wow - a little tulip concentration camp...... I have had to resort to this some years when the squirrels were particularly hungry for new crocus flowers. I had planted crocus into the grass in my front parking strip and ended up having little bits of chicken wire over many of the clumps - VERY attractive.....LOL

You should see the vegie garden, rabbit netting for bottom foot and 5 electric wires above that. The deer just barge through but the racoons will distroy the corn in one night.
js
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com Wrote:

Hi JS I noticed that you asked for a list of plants that deer don't eat a your site. This should be helpful, but I'm sure you know that i they're hungry enough, there's no stopping them. http://www.lotf.com/misc/deer/deer.htm http://tinyurl.com/99rbo http://tinyurl.com/crhss
You might also find this deer fence helpful. http://www.bennersgardens.com /
New
-- Newt

My sister has a pair of Boxers (highly excitable dogs). They keep the deer out of the fenced-in yard, by reputation and scent when they aren't present. Everything else is fair game.
Not all dogs are good for this purpose. When the male dog was younger he decided to go after a deer. The deer realized he was about five times the size of the dog and predator-prey relationship notwithstanding gave chase.
--
John Carr ( snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu)

JS, we feed the deer year around in our back yard about 50 feet from m
vegetable garden. I string twine or wire between fence posts and ti CD's in it. Keeps the deer away. I usually grow a morning glory on th posts to help the looks. You have to use wire through the CD hol because it cuts string. I also hang CD's on my fruit trees. Looks lik Christmas all year long!! LOL But it works for me! Keeps them out of m strawberries to. Hope this helps
-- NanD1065