PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Tomatoes in December

I think this photo probably needs no explanation but it's hard not to gloat over picking a tomato in December.
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com

Good Lord, man, I didn't know you were a Renaissance Man!
(Yes, let us know the electric bill.) We haven't had snow like this this winter here in VA (near the mountains) yet. Dee Dee
Dee.Dee wrote:

I've got two cherry tomatoes up on the wall in the kitchen, and they're still flowering.... I just say, "OK, turn around and go down to the south forty to get some tomatoes..."
B/
Brian Mailman wrote:

I had one years ago in a hallway with a South facing window that fruited all Winter and had a feeling they would do well in a greenhouse.
We have them every year in the garden and I wanted to move one to the GH but missed the opportunity and you just reminded me to start some. Problem is, the ones in the garden are volunteers and we haven't planted them in years so we have no seed and seeds are hard to find now.
Thanks for the jog.
js
Jack Schmidling wrote:

:)
I have a note on May 1 to see if for the first time in years I can grow a rocoto pepper there. I never thought I had enough sun in that window.
B/
Brian Mailman;764811 Wrote:

I simply have to agree - scrumptuous looking tomatoes and to think yo manage it in adverse conditions. Congratulations
-- Agapanthus
On 12/11/07 11:45 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "Jack

Hey Jack, I'm headed your way for lunch!
Lucky man! C

I hate you. My tomatoe plants look like something from Little Shop of Horrors. :-)