PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Olie the Opossum

This week we present another one of our regular visitors, Olie the Opossum or more commonly shortened to Possum.
js
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.com
On 9 Feb 2005 20:16:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com (Jack Schmidling) opined:

We have an opossum living in the backyard. I named it Possie (very original!). I saw it the other night climb up into the mesquite tree. Possie loves the sunflower seeds we put out for the birds. We had to move the feeder way out to the other end of the property because it was pooping everywhere and I didn't think this was healthy.
Now, we also have a raccoon who I've not yet seen, but my neighbor swears he sees it nightly. Again, I wouldn't mind a raccoon, but I don't have large property and wouldn't want to have it tearing up my entire garden this year. So, I am going to plant a bunch of corn out back for the raccoon. Maybe that will keep it away from other things, like tomatoes and zucchini.
Any hints or tips about having wildlife, but also having a harvest from the vegetable patch?
Victoria

dream on.

snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com (Jack Schmidling) wrote in message

Nice web site I liked the picture of the chipmunk crawling up the leg.
Katharine

We have brushtailed possums in New Zealand, regarded as noxious animals because of the damage they do to native forests.They are Australian animals, imported here years ago for the fur trade. Like the rabbit, they soon became a pest. Very sad, they are gorgeous creatures with beautiful fur.