PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Imperial Moth Larva

Earlier this Summer we featured the Imperial Moth and a few weeks ago, we found this caterpillar under a maple tree. We presume it matured eating the leaves and then crawled or fell down to find a place to dig in for the Winter.
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
On 10/11/06 12:47 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com, "Jack Schmidling"

That is a monster caterpillar! who got to hold it?
Cheryl

ICK!!! That gives me the "willies"!